Last updated on: June 7, 2021
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION (SPDI)
Pursuant to the Information Technology Act, 2000, and its successive amendments from time to time, we are required to give a disclosure of the SPDI collected by us and how we use it. We may collect and retain the following information from and about you if you interact with us through the Site:
- Your email address and Site password;
- Your payment details, billing and delivery addresses, a credit/ debit card number and a credit/ debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details;
- Your phone numbers;
- Your location, website browsing patterns (e.g., through cookies), and purchase history;
- Other information you actively submit to us or we can determine about you based on your interactions with our Site and services.
We get access to such information when you:
- Register, subscribe, authorize the transfer of, or create an account with us;
- Open or respond to emails
- Provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with other Sellers, merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers and other business partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide services you have requested;
- Visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- Purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- Interactor connect with or link to the Site via integrated social networking tools; and
- Post comments to the Site.
MANAGING USER CHOICES
You can manage the types of personal data you provide to us and can limit how we communicate with you.
You hereby consent to receive communications by SMS or calls from Glokal or its affiliates or its partners with regard to the services provided by Glokal or as facilitated by the Glokal partners.
You may manage how your browser handles Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please refer to the Policy for information on Cookies for more information.
You may also manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share information on and about your devices with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles Cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider and the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
USE OF INFORMATION
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site;
- Provide you with personalized direct marketing initiatives via email and direct marketing offers;
- Facilitate and process orders – for example, for vouchers and other goods and services;
- Facilitate table reservation process;
- Determine your eligibility for certain types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- To establish and analyze individual and group profiles and customer behavior;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us, the Sellers, and our business partners;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of business partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements;
- Allows you to sign up for special offers from merchants and other business partners through the Site, and to
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you, determine your interests and provide you with more relevant and compelling services.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We are not in the business of selling or renting personal data. We will not share your personal data, except in the following manner:
- With the Sellers, so they can sell and deliver to you and provide such other ancillary services such as table reservation to serve you better;
- To report or collect on payments owed to Sellers, merchants, or other business partners;
- As necessary to perform contractual obligations towards you with business partners to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a Glokal voucher, goods or services offered by a business partner or participated in an offer, rewards, contest, or other activity or program sponsored or offered through us or the Sellers on behalf of a business partner;
- In case of a merger, acquisition, or reorganization with a purchaser of our company or all or substantially all of our assets;
- To comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance;
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, business partners, and users, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Glokal;
- In response to a legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts; or
- With your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We encourage business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, while we share personal data with business partners only for the above-mentioned purposes, their subsequent processing and use of personal data obtained through Glokal is governed by their own privacy policies and practices and is not subject to our control.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect your personal data:
- When you register, subscribe, create an account, make a purchase or redeem vouchers or otherwise contact us or communicate with us actively. For example, you provide personal data to us when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to online communities.
- When you interact with the Site via cookies and other technologies as described in Clause on Cookies below.
- Through other online and offline information from our business partners who may report to us redemption, collection, or refund-return events.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use strict security measures to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of your Personal Information and to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction. For this purpose, we have adopted internal reviews of the data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures, including offering the use of a secure server to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your personal data.
We shall, however, not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive your Personal Information. The Website is also linked to many other sites and we are not/ shall be not responsible for their privacy policies or practices as it is beyond our control.
User’s Rights in relation to Personal Data:
By keeping your personal data updated, you can help us to ensure that we can respect your preferences and offer you the goods and services that are most relevant to you.
You can access, update, rectify, and delete the information you provided to us in your profile by logging into your account or contacting us at www.simplybargains.com/contactus.
While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we may be required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You can at anytime unsubscribe from our services, newsletters, e-mailers. We will, however, retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting or other compliance purposes. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD PARTIES
Meaning: Cookies are unique identifiers, usually made up of small bits of text or code. Cookies are usually stored on your device or in your web browser and they send certain information back to the party who served the cookie. When we say cookies we are actually referring to a broader range of technologies than just cookies, including web beacons, clear gifs, pixels, and other similar technologies. When we say first-party cookies we mean cookies that are served by Glokal. When we say third-party cookies we mean cookies that are served by non-Glokal parties.
We do not have control over, or access to, third-party advertising cookies or the information they contain. Third parties manage any information that they collect via cookies they place in accordance with their privacy policies.
You may opt out of third-party personalized advertising cookies. You will still see ads but they will not be personalized.
- Cookies and Browser settings: You may be able to avoid certain cookies by configuring your browser settings or opting out directly with the party that operates and controls cookies. Please check your browser settings for more information
APP PERMISSIONS REQUIRED TO USE VARIOUS FEATURES IN OUR APP
In order to have a better experience and to use all features in-app, we need the below permissions to be used in our android app:
- Location only while using the app: To provide location-specific functionality like restaurants or outlets near you.
- Phone State: This permission is used to detect your Android ID using which we uniquely identify every user and map user-related activities. Using these details we also prevent any transaction-related fraud.
- Storage: This permission is used for enabling local caching of data on your device to make your browsing experience faster and smoother. We do not store any confidential data as part of this permission.
- Vibrate: This permission is used to alert you to an incoming notification.
- Geo-Services: This permission is used to notify you that you have entered a city hotspot and there are various merchant outlets offering deals in this area.
- Maps: This permission is used to show you the exact location of merchant outlets on a Google map, it also helps you navigate and assess the distance from your current location.
- Network: To connect to the Internet and networks in the proximity of the User for the App to function.
- Install Shortcut: Shortcut of Glokal App is auto-created upon installation by the User.